Zoe completes the Great South Run
A big well done to Zoe who completed the Great South Run in aid of Dreams Come True!
We caught up with Zoe after the race to see how she found it...
1) Describe your event and why you chose to do this particular one?
I chose the Great South Run as it's in my home town. I have watched it several times and felt inspired by the runners and so felt it would be a great challenge!
2) How long did it take you to train?
I didn't actually train properly!! I enjoy running and take part in 5k park runs on the weekend but that was pretty much as far as I had run before!
3) Describe how you felt in three words
Proud / Determined / Happy
4) How did you feel on the day/evening?
Nervous in the morning and elated after!
5) Most memorable moment?
Seeing my family and friends cheer me on at various points of the course.
6) Any tips for others doing the same thing?
If you are running miles and not very experienced like me, focus mile per mile and have a little celebration after every mile, also pace yourself I didn't race it was a run :)
7) Anything else you would like to share?
Dreams Come True are an amazing charity and I would certainly fundraise for them again!
If you'd like to take part in your own fundraising event or challenge, check out our get involved page.