Since being awarded a grant by the People's Postcode Lottery we have achieved
Since being awarded a grant by the People's Postcode Lottery we have achieved:
- Further expansion of the Dreams Come True volunteering programme.
- The new volunteers recruited have made significant impact during the lifetime of the grant. They have helped raise the profile of the charity, obtained more dream referrals (reaching children and young people we could otherwise not reach), engaged with the local community, and helped to raise funds for Dreams Come True.
- The grant allowed us to advertise on social media volunteer recruitment. As part of the marketing budget of the grant we were also able to purchase new handbooks, posters/leaflets, and t-shirts. These new marketing materials have allowed our volunteers to be easily identified as Dreams Come True representatives within their communities. New groups have been established in Cardiff, Oxford, Manchester, Sheffield and Edinburgh along with a number of new volunteers joining pre-existing groups.
- Within the grant, budget we were also able to fund four volunteer led events. The first event was in Oxford. The team organised a community event to raise awareness of Dreams Come True. The event was open to the community and was an opportunity for the team to talk about Dreams Come True.
- The second event was held in Wales. The team organised a charity stand at a community fete; this was a fantastic opportunity for the team to talk further with the community about the work of Dreams Come True.
- The third event was in Manchester, for which the volunteers built a partnership with Ronald McDonald House within the hospital grounds. At the RMH, the volunteers organised a video drive-through for the children and families currently in the hospital along with inviting some local dream families. This was a fantastic opportunity to talk to potential new dream families and for the volunteers to meet families who have benefited from Dreams Come True.
- The last event was in Glasgow; the team worked on a community event with charity information and also hired characters such as Peppa Pig and Elsa from Frozen. This was a great way to engage with families and provided an opportunity to talk to parents about the work of Dreams Come True. this event was successful in gaining new volunteer interest and a dream referral.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank The People’s Post Code Lottery and the players for supporting the Dreams Come True UK Volunteering programme. With your help and support we have been able to recruit over 50 new volunteers to support the DCT mission of reaching more children and young people with life limited and serious conditions and fulfilling their dreams.
No one has left a comment on this page yet.
Leave a comment
All fields are required, to leave a comment.